Monday, February 20, 2012

Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

There was a picture of these cookies on the calendar in our kitchen and I thought they looked great. I had all of the ingredients except the vanilla yogurt, so I gave it a go with plain Greek yogurt.

Ingredients:

1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt (Greek Yogurt)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips


Step by step instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, butter, yogurt, egg, and vanilla. I recommend using a stand mixer.


3. Mix in remaining ingredients.



4. Drop dough by the rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. I like to use a small ice cream scoop with a release mechanism.



5. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.


6. Serve with milk and a good book.


Recipe adapted from General Mills/Yoplait




Evaluation: Ok, so these weren't great. They were a little dry and not very sweet. It probably has something to do with substituting plain Greek yogurt for vanilla yogurt. I thought they were good dipped in milk, but someone, who will remain nameless, refused to eat them. I love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so I was a little disappointed. Oh well, maybe I'll bake a winner next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment